Keeping hands clean is one of the most important things we can do to stop the spread of germs and stay healthy. Here is how the Ohio Department of Health recommends washing your hands:
1. Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
2. Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Be sure to lather the backs of your hands, between and under your nails.
3. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
4. Rinse hands well under clean, running water.
5. Dry hands using a clean towel or air dry them.